Childbirth Classes- Birthing From Within
Join our four-week "Birthing from Within" based childbirth series. Our classes are flexible and we can discuss whatever is on your hearts and minds. Our goal is to inform and support you. We look forward to helping you have the best birth experience possible.
Instructor: Megan Mathews, Navititi Childbirth Educator & Certified Doula (DONA) With 10 years experience in birthing field
- Anatomy & Physiology of Labor
- Stages of labor
- Pain coping strategies
- Intro to breath awareness
- Comfort measures & positions
- Father's role as comforters & guardians
- Unexpected surprises/ Worries & concerns
- Open discussion/ Role play/ Birth Art
- Family care at Nativiti and beyond
- Special last class activity
The class begins the first Wednesday each month from 6:30-9:30 pm. The cost for the Childbirth Class is $150.00. There is a $75 deposit required upon enrollment. This is non-refundable.
Weekend classes are available by appointment. This class is a 2 day class on Saturday & Sunday from 10am and 4pm. The cost for this class is $200.
To register for a class or if you have any questions, please call Nativiti Birth Center at (281) 296-2333 or Megan at (832) 620-0437.
BIRTHING FROM WITHIN
The "Birthing from Within" philosophy is based on the idea that birth is a life-altering rite of passage, not a medical event, even when medical care is a part of the birth. In addition to this, six beliefs of women who "birth from within" are that:
- Connecting with other mothers and women for support and guidance is an essential part of preparation for the birth and mothering.
- The power to birth comes from within themselves; from their strong bodies and their commitment to do whatever it takes to birth their child.
- Primitive self-expression, including making noise and losing control, are a natural part of birth (and "looking good" isn't).
- Protecting their birth space so that it is conducive to birth (quiet, dimly lit, warm and private) is critically important to how their birth will unfold.
- For Western women, birthing requires preparation and practice during pregnancy.
Breastfeeding Classes - Keys to Successful Breastfeeding
Instructor: Sherri Urban, BSN, RN, IBCLC
A practical and informative class taught by an experienced Lactation Consultant and mother of 5!
- How to know if your baby is getting enough
- Importance of early Skin to Skin holding
- Positioning and Latch
- Avoiding sore nipples
- Diet and Medications
- Pumping and Storage
Registration Required: $25/ per couple.
Second Tuesday of every month - 7:00-9:30 pm.
Please contact Nativiti if you have any questions and to register for this class at (281) 296-2333.